The Caribbean Island of St. Lucia, which is part of the Windward Islands group of the Lesser Antilles, lies 43 kilometers (27 miles) north of south and 23 kilometers (14 miles) east of west, with a total area of 616 square kilometers (238 sq mi). In comparison, St. Lucia’s land area is slightly less than 3.5 times that of Washington, D.C. St. Lucia has a total coastline of 158 kilometers, which it shares with Martinique to the north and St. Vincent to the south (98 mi). Castries, St. Lucia’s capital, is located on the island’s northwest coast.
|Tariff # Gas Vehicles||Engine Capacity||Import Duty||Excise Tax||Service Charge||Total Duties|
|TN. 8703.229||1000- 1500 cc||35%||20.50%||5%||60.50%|
|TN. 8703.232||1501- 1800 cc||35%||20.50%||5%||60.50%|
|TN. 8703.233||1801 – 2000 cc||35%||50%||5%||90%|
|TN. 8703.234||2001- 3000 cc||35%||75%||5%||115%|
|TN. 8703.249||3000 and Above||35%||85%||5%||125%|
Cars, 4WD pick-up trucks, and 4WD SUVs are popular in Saint Lucia. They want them to be of the finest quality, therefore they’re always looking for Saint Lucia Cars for Sale, Saint Lucia 4WD Pick-up Trucks for Sale, and Saint Lucia SUVs For Sale. The majority of purchasers will purchase in their local market because they can touch and feel the vehicle and get it straight away if they prefer a specific automobile or pickup. There are many dealers in Saint Lucia that sell vehicles, luxury cars, pick-up trucks, and SUVs, so there is always a car that fits a person’s budget.
Without all of the necessary components or understanding of foreign import restrictions, transporting big equipment or huge cargo to Saint Lucia is difficult. Rather than attempting to handle international transportation on your own, hire professionals who have a good track record. We’ve spent nearly 30 years at A1 Auto Transport assisting our customers with getting their goods sent all over the world, whether they wanted national or international delivery. There is no such thing as a small or big job. Every time, we can ensure a secure delivery.
We provide a wide selection of shipping options and are confident that we will be able to deliver your goods no matter where it needs to go or what type of cargo it is. We’ve had the pleasure of assisting our customers in the transportation of a variety of commodities over the years. We appear to have delivered everything, including big equipment and huge stuff. Here are some instances of the big and enormous freight we’ve transported for our clients…
- RVs and Motorhomes
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Harvesters and more…
- Prior to travelling, pets must be electronically identifiable and have a valid Health Certificate with rabies vaccinations.
RESTRICTED DUTIBLE ITEMS
- All requirements must be met, or the animal will be put to death. For specific requirements, contact the destination.
- The use of alcohol is prohibited (40 ounces of Whisky, Rum and Vodka are permitted)
- Food and tins (are subject to duties)
- Souvenirs and gifts (are subject to duties)
- trousseaux de marriage (is subject to responsibilities)
- Machines, appliances, and spare parts are all available (are subject to duties)
- Unless they are part of a household goods shipment, precious metal artefacts (e.g., jeweler, coins, etc.) are subject to duties.
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomats)
- Detailed inventory in English (must include the serial numbers for all electrical devices and appliances)
Bicycles are subject to the payment of duties
Items may be imported duty free if the following conditions are met:
- They have been in the owner’s use and possession for more than 1 year.
- The owner signs a declaration in the presence of a Custom’s officer
- They are not intended for sale or exchange
- They are imported within 3 months of the owner’s arrival
- Title / Registration
- Purchase Invoice
- If the car’s cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value does not exceed USD 15,000 and the following conditions are followed, one vehicle per person or family is allowed duty and tax free.
- The individual is a returning national who is being accompanied by a car.
- Within three years of importation, the returning national cannot sell, trade, or dispose of the car.
- Within three months of returning to Saint Lucia, the vehicle is acquired.
- The individual is a returning citizen who is escorted by a car.
- Duties must be paid on all motor vehicles, whether they are used on land or in the sea.
Recommended: Before importing, check with the destination agency to make sure all regulations have been satisfied, especially if there are any variances between air and marine shipments.
Note from IAM: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time and without prior warning. This article is solely intended to serve as a guide and source of information. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.