LEGO camps are a fun and kid-friendly way of fostering a child’s interest in STEM-based subjects. This includes math, science, robotics and engineering. Robotics is all programming and coding. This is exactly why you should get your kids familiar with the new and latest technology of the world. Though some children organically enjoy these subjects while other kids need engaging teachers to spark an interest.
These camps involve children on various levels, thus allowing them to have rich experience. This is why various companies provide numerous LEGO Robotics camps for children belonging to all age groups.
Robots can be defined as machines that are responsible for performing independently of people; however, robots only do what a person builds them to do. So, if you ask us what the various benefits of LEGO-based summer science camp are, we will list a variety of applications. But, let us first understand what lego camps are.
What are LEGO Camps?
Lego camps involve learning and teaching based on LEGO Robotics kits, thus allowing children with no prior experience or knowledge to build, design, and program small-scale robots. Since technology is evolving, the future generation will have more opportunities to interact with more robots as they grow up. So it only makes sense that they get comfortable with them and learn how to have some fun.
Moreover, it also helps children realise their passion. Most of their hobbies incorporate some form of technology such as visual arts, medicine, sports, law, and many more. In any way, kids discover how programming will affect their future, no matter what they do. Let us now list down the numerous benefits this camp offers to children:
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills: Students should read and follow all the instructions. With this, they tend to develop various theories about how to address various problems. They later test those theories and learn from mistakes and correct them eventually.
- Get creative– Children can get creative in various ways so they can make superheroes, roids, animals, and so much more. There are endless options for what a child can create by using LEGO blocks and sensors.
- Get comfortable with future technology: Many children do not just stop with programming LEGO robots. Some might also discover a game design or digital 3D modeling. Others might get their inspiration to investigate the mechanical world of engineering. Since the sky’s the limit, they can do various things to widen their horizon.
- Communicate across platforms: Robots can also have videos, social media accounts, and blogs; thus, the LEGO-based summer science camp teachers children different ways of communication. For example, a blog post might demand a lengthy essay while a tweet does not. However, video content is altogether different.
- Become a stronger leader: When children work in teams, they learn, teach, and direct others. It also encourages them to help others figure things out about various things. Moreover, positive peer pressure helps a child learn discipline and accountability. Thus, kids learn group dynamics and how to lead efficiently.
- Focus: When children work together, they also help each other stay on task as they stick with a problem and follow it through to an appropriate solution.
- Improve grades and school performance: Students who indulge in various activities have fewer behavioral outbursts. In simple words, they don’t encounter trouble as often. In terms of doing homework, STEM kids also show positive attitudes.
These are some of the benefits a child can incur when getting into a science summer camp.
In simple words, Legos are toys, and toys are fun and adventure to work on, an opportunity for children to get out of their routine. In LEGO camps, they interact with children of their age, making cool robots and memories that they will cherish forever in life.