A 12-digit unique number known as a Universal Account Number, or UAN, is assigned to every employee who contributes to the EPF. The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) generates and distributes the UAN. It is then authenticated by the Government of India’s Ministry of Labor and Employment. The EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization) has a website where you can check your account details with only your Universal Account Number (UAN). You can check your EPF account balance, track the status of your claims, get updates on contributions made, and transfer money from an old member ID to a new one. To make maintaining your account and accessing information easier, you can link several PF accounts (PF) online using your UAN login.
To use all of the capabilities of the EPFO portal, members must first activate their UAN. The activation of the UAN is a straightforward procedure that goes like this:
- To get started, visit the EPFO website (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site en/).
- The user must select ‘For Employees’ from the drop-down menu under ‘Our Services.’
- After that, the employee must pick ‘Member UAN/Online Services (OCS/OTCP)’ from the ‘Services’ tab.
- From the next window, the employee must click ‘Activate UAN.’
- On the next screen, users must provide their UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, and captcha information. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose ‘Get Authorization Pin.’
- On their mobile phones, individuals will receive a one-time password (OTP).
- Click ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’ after entering the OTP and checking the disclaimer box.
- UANs and passwords for individuals will be given to their registered mobile phone numbers. They’ll need these credentials to access the EPFO interface.
Employees can access the EPFO site by entering their UAN as the username and the new password they created after activating their UAN. You can gain access to a variety of features by using the UAN login facility. You can handle the following EPF-related operations after logging in:
- The UAN card and passbook are available for download.
- View the current state of PF connecting as well as a list of all member IDs.
- You can check the status of system-generated transfer claims, view the status of PF transfer claims, and file transfer claims.
- Personal information, such as phone numbers and email addresses, can be edited.
- Update your KYC information and upload KYC papers.
- View the helpdesk’s contact information.
Benefits of UAN
A few of the UAN’s advantages are as follows:
- The EPF statement is straightforward to obtain. You can use the EPFO portal or send a text message to take advantage of this service.
- Employers will be unable to withhold EPF funds from employees due to the UAN.
- Employees can check their EPF balance on a regular basis to see if their firm has made a contribution.
- Under a single UAN, all of the employee’s Member IDs are in the same group.
- As a result, all Member IDs are readily available.
- You can swiftly transfer EPF funds from an old Member ID to a new one by using the UAN.
- The balance from previous/old EPF passbook accounts can be transferred if an employee’s new EPF account is linked to his or her UAN. The transfer can be completed online by the member. You can also check the status of your transfer online.
Members must, however, activate their UAN in order to take advantage of the EPFO portal’s full range of benefits. After activating their UAN, members can utilize the UAN login feature to log in to the EPFO portal, using their UAN as the username and the new password they created during activation.