To keep a record of your purchase order for future use, you must keep track of a specific item. With the aid of QuickBooks’ purchase order feature, the goal of recording the items can be achieved. Additionally, a purchase order provides you with full details regarding the item’s quantity and price. Here you will read about how to create a purchase order in QuickBooks and if you want to know more about QuickBooks features like how to fix QuickBooks error PS060 and how to integrate with QuickBooks commerce then click on these links.
This level of knowledge is insufficient if you are managing your business. To keep all of the records in one location, you must understand how to create a purchase order in QuickBooks.
What does QuickBooks Purchase Order Mean?
A QuickBooks purchase order’s primary function is to inform certain vendors that you need to purchase a specific item. In other words, the purchase order instructs QuickBooks that you must create a purchase order by choosing Vendors and then Purchase Orders. The purchase order is a contract to buy goods.
A purchase order must contain the underneath information regarding a transaction.
- Cost of the good
- The buyer and seller’s names, and the quantity
- Payment method
- Date of delivery
- Service or product you want to buy
How to Create a Purchase Order in QuickBooks?
Here are the complete steps that can help you out in the context of “how to create a purchase order in QuickBooks Online.”
Step 1: Turning on the purchase order feature
- First, select Settings and then click Account and settings.
- Then select the Expense tab.
- Next, select the Section for Purchase Orders and then click Edit.
- On this page, select Use Purchase Orders.
- After that, you can select three custom fields and a vendor default message (Optional).
- Finally, select Done after clicking Save.
Step 2: Create and send a purchase order
- Selecting + New is the first action.
- Next, select Purchase Order, and then, from the vendor drop-down, select the vendor.
- Check your mailing address once more.
- If you are shipping the items directly to a customer, select Ship from the ship to the drop-down menu.
- Next, note the date of the purchase order.
- Go to the Choose what you use panel by clicking Settings.
- Pick the link to include your custom fields next.
- In the Items Details section, list the items you need to purchase.
- Lastly, select Save & Close. When you are ready to send it, select Save and Send.
Step 3: Updating the Purchase Order Status and add it to the Bill
When creating a purchase order, make sure the status is open. Add the purchase order to a bill or expense after the vendor accepts it to formally add the transactions. And, to add a purchase order to a bill or a check, just follow the instructions below.
- Initially, select + New.
- Click on Expense, Bill, or Check after that.
- From the Payee drop-down menu, select Vendor. After that, a window for open purchase orders will appear.
- After that, add the items from the appropriate purchase order by clicking on Add. The item section will now show up.
- Click Save & Close to finish.
Step 4: Check your open QuickBooks Online Purchase Order
- Select the Reports menu first.
- Look for the reports Purchase by Vendor Detail, Open Purchase Order Detail, Purchase by Service Detail, and Open Purchase Order List.
Your point regarding the “QuickBooks Purchase Order” and the rationale for creating it has effectively been clarified by the aforementioned post. This post contains all the specific instructions you need to create a purchase order in QuickBooks Online. Please contact our experts at QASolved if you are having any difficulties doing the same or would like more information. We are available around the clock to give you immediate technical assistance. So call us right away to accelerate your software.
Read Also: How To Delete The Customers In QuickBooks