Error Code 0xc0000185
Windows 10 users will have experienced the Boot Configuration Data error code (0xc0000185). Even worse, this error will prevent you from loading your system. How do you fix Windows error code 0xc0000185 ? MiniTool can help you solve this problem.
According the Association for Educational Communications and Technology, education technology is the ethical and scientific study of how to facilitate learning and improve performance through the creation, use, and management of appropriate technological processes and resource. Educational technology can also be defined as any technology an educator recommends to her students in order to make learning easier. This can be anything from simple spreadsheets and calculators to complex robotic kits and programming platforms. Today’s learning materials have expanded to include more than just a blackboard thanks to technological advancements. Technology and education are components that include overhead projectors and televisions, VCRs and slide projectors as well as newer materials such as the computer and various software applications, LCD projectors and camcorders, digital camera, scanners and the Internet.
Why is error code 0xc0000185 ?
Error 1603 is usually a sign that one of the MSI’s common custom actions failed. These are the causes:
- Windows Installer attempts to install an existing Windows application on your computer.
- If you don’t have Full Control permissions for the System account, destination folder or where you are installing the Windows Installer package
- If Windows Temp folders become full,
Note The causes of Installation Error 1603 mentioned in this article aren’t the only ones. They are just some common ones that many users have reported. Depending on the system and device, there could be other causes.
Solution 1: Reboot your Computer
To fix error code 0xc0000185, you can reboot your computer. Although this isn’t a good way to fix the Windows 10 error code of 0xc0000185, a complete restart won’t cause any damage. There is a small chance that Windows will resolve the problem within the timeframe of a reboot.
Popular blog – factory reset toshiba satellite
Create boot configuration data again
This error code 0xC0000185 is caused by corrupt or missing ‘Boot Configuration Data’. You will need to recreate this data again. To create one, follow the steps below:
- Start Windows by first inserting the Windows 10 CD into the disk drive.
- It says: “” You can use any key to boot from CD/DVD . This simply means that you can press any key on the keyboard.
- Select the time and type of keyboard on the next screen.
- A new screen will now appear with a blue background. It is called Select an option. There are many options under this heading. Select the Troubleshoot option from the list.
- Find and select the Advanced Options option from this screen.
- Select the’Command prompt‘ option on the new screen to launch the program.
- Next, type ” BOOTREC/REBUILDBCD” and hit ” Enter “.
- Restart windows to see if the problem persists.