Having been founded in 1947, Panjab University is one of the nation’s oldest universities. It has a significant historical impact on the area and has provided top-notch education to students for many years through continuously expanding and evolving programmes to help teachers improve their craft.
As a result, they have a top-notch department for distance learning that has assisted hundreds of students in raising the standard of their education. They established the Department for Open Learning in 1971 to make their education accessible to as many people as possible.
The USOL staff has always been a very helpful, skilled, and research-focused faculty. 68 video programmes were created by the Educational Media Center and distributed to the students during PCPs. The department also provides the department faculty with equipment and teaching materials.
- Students who want to enrol in Panjab University distance education programmes must fill out an online application found on the school’s website.
- After carefully reading the university’s detailed instructions, students must fill out the Application-cum-Examination form. They will then receive a Login ID and Password on the registered phone number or email.
- After that, use the ID and password provided to log into the admission account. After that, choose the course you want to take and pay the required registration fee. Both online and offline payment methods are available for a fee.
- The next step entails printing out the entire Admission-cum-Examination form and going to the University to verify the original documents and certificates there and then.
- 10+2 passing mark-sheet or certificate
- Scanned transfer, migration and eligibility certificate
- Graduation mark sheet
- Adhar card copy
- 2 passport-size photographs and scanned signature
- Photo ID proof.
Distance courses of Panjab university Distance Educaton
There are many courses available, but the most popular one is the business administration course, which was developed by the university to give students the best possible advance beyond degree-related coursework and into the world of further employment.university
Panjab University Distance Education offers a wide range of UG and PG programmes, such as BA, BCom, BBA, BEd, BCA, LLBISc, MA in Panjabi, English, Hindi, Religious Studies, Sikh Studies, Women Studies, Public Administration, Sociology, Journalism and mass communication, Education, MCom, MLIbSc, and MSc (IT). Students can pick from a variety of UG, PG, Diploma, and Professional courses at the Panjab University distance learning.
A wide range of fields, including management, health, human rights, the arts, commerce, education, and information technology, offer degree and diploma programmes to students. Academic standing is proposed as the sole criterion for admission to all SOL programmes at Panjab University without the use of entrance exams.
- BBA– Bachelor of business administration
- com– bachelor of commerce
- MBA– Master of business administration
- com– Masters of commerce
- BA- Bachelor of Arts
- MA– masters of Arts
Eligibility for Panjab University distance education
The following list outlines the general qualifications for distance learning at Panjab University. And the applicant must meet these requirements in order to get admission to the university.
- Com degrees typically take three years to complete, and a minimum 10+2 education with a grade point average of at least 50% is required. The cost is 14,500 Indian rupees.
- Passing intermediate is necessary for those pursuing a business in library science (BLIS) degree, as are minimum marks of 50%. The price is roughly 16,500 INR.
- For consideration for admission to a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme, candidates must possess a diploma from a reputable university with a minimum GPA of 50%. it is a course of 3 years and the price is INR 17,500.
- Candidates will have the option to enrol in the 2-year Masters of Commerce (M.Com) programme if they meet the requirements for the B.Com with a minimum score of 50%. It costs 19000 INR. The only requirement for an MBA, or master of business administration, is a graduation degree from an accredited university with a minimum percentage of 50%.
Panjab university distance MBA
Panjab university is one of the oldest and finest universities to offer Distance MBA courses. MBA is a postgraduate level course with a duration of 2 years courses. And it is split into 4 semesters with continuous exams and assignments.
For the benefit of the students, the university’s Educational Media Center (EMC) produced audio lessons and video programmes. At the time of admission, USOL, Panjab University offers study materials in Self Learning Mode, Personal Contact Program, Video and Audio-Cassette Lessons on some preferred areas of courses, and many more. For the majority of the courses, study materials will be provided in English, Hindi, and Panjabi.
- The Panjab University School of Open Learning Post Graduation Eligibility Requirements is: Students must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field from a university that is recognised as such, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%; at least five years of work experience is also required.
- Candidates who fall under the SC/ST/BC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities) category will receive a 5% mark reduction in the eligibility requirements. Open Learning School at Panjab University.
Panjab university distance education fee structure
- The candidate has to buy the university prospectus, from the official website or obtained it when you apply for admission, which contains information on the fee structure. However, the annual MBA fee is INR 17,000, making the MBA’s total cost INR 34,000.
- BA: The cost of the BA programme is determined by the number of semesters. The first to sixth semester’s fee ranges from 3725 to 10015 Indian rupees.
- com: The Punjab University’s B.com programme fee code is C0020, and the university’s fees for the B.com Program here range from 4675 to 11015 Indian rupees (INR) from the first to the sixth semester.
- BLIS: The cost of the BLIS programme ranges from 8280 to 9405 Indian rupees.
- Certificate Courses in Women Studies: Candidates must pay INR 8725 for the Certificate Courses in Women Studies programme.
- Vivekananda Studies Certificate Courses: The programme fee for Vivekananda Studies Certificate Courses is 5500 INR.
Placement Opportunity in Punjab University Distance Education
With the aid of its central placement cell, Panjab University provides students with a platform where they can find employment opportunities.
The university has a reputation for placing students. Concerned teachers plan placement drives and job fairs in an effort to instil confidence, drive, and conceptual clarity in their charges. Panjab University MBA placements are very famous and have the most placements of MBA course students.
With the aid of the placement cell or the concerned faculty, students can benefit from the opportunity to land high-profile jobs. In order for students to explore their interests and talents, the university acts as a liaison between them and businesses.
One of India’s first universities, the Panjab University, came into existence in Chandigarh. The university is well-known for providing a wide variety of courses, including those for distance learners, as well as a number of facilities.
Students can find all the specifics regarding admission, the courses that are offered, and the cost of various courses in this blog. From this point forward, students are free to enrol immediately in any course they desire.
Q-Can we get direct admission to Punjab University?
Ans. For admission to its UG, PG, and doctoral-level courses, Panjab University holds numerous entrance exams. That includes the PUMET, PUCET, PGLAW, PU MEET, PU UGLAW, and PU MPhil and PhD Entrance Test, among others. To find out if there are any seats available for direct admission to PU programmes, candidates can contact the admission office.
Q-Is a distance degree from Punjab University Valuable?
Ans. The Panjab University’s distance learning programme offers students a number of benefits that make it worthwhile. The university offers regular students the same curricula, classes, and methods of assessment. Additionally, the Distance Education Bureau has approved the university’s online programmes (DEB).
Q-Is Punjab University Distance Education a recognized university?
Ans. Yes, both the Distance Education Bureau and the University Grants Commission (UGC) have recognised Panjab University (DEB). The National Assessment and Accreditation Council have also given the university its approval (NAAC).