Updating your QuickBooks Desktop App regularly is essential to maintain the efficiency and output of your work. But sometimes, you might come across Error 1328 while updating your QuickBooks Desktop app.
Let’s grab an insight about the QuickBooks error code 1328, its causes and symptoms, which will eventually take us to various methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 1328.
Read Also: Easy Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error PSO38
You might see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1328
Various causes and contributory causes can invoke QuickBooks Error Code 1328:
- Invalid Registry Entries were created during the installation process.
- Unwanted or incorrect system shutdown.
- Attacks of malware, spyware, and viruses can contribute to QuickBooks Error Code 1328.
- Incorrect system configuration is also a common reason for such issues.
- Improper or inaccurate, or compromised installation process.
- A network outage or breakdown can also hamper the installation process.
Signs and Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 1328
There are multiple signs and symptoms which can help you figure out that you are encountering QuickBooks Error 1328:
- You are not able to access the QuickBooks software update process.
- Facing problems restoring the QuickBooks software.
- The problem is displayed on the screen.
- Windows overall response time has increased and crashes frequently.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328
Following are the quickest methods in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 1328:
Method 1: Change the filename “config.msi” file
- Open the “File Explorer” using the “Windows + E” key combination.
- Open the “C: Drive” and search for a file named “Config.msi” in the drive.
- Right-click on the file and choose the “Rename” option.
- Add “.old” in front of the file’s name.
- Save all the changes and refresh your system once.
- Now, attempt to reinstall all the updates.
Method 2: Take the help of QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install “QuickBooks Tool Hub.” Program.
- Now, switch to the “Installation Issues” tab.
- Choose the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.”
- The program will run and fix if there are any installation issues.
- Restart your PC once and then again try to install the updates.
Method 3: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Software
- First, you’ll have to log in as an administrator to your system.
- Now, go to the “Start” menu or press the “Windows” button & open the “Control Panel.”
- Select the “Programs and Features” option, and a program list will appear.
- Find the “QuickBooks” in the list, choose it, and then opt for the “Uninstall” tab.
- In the QuickBooks installer window, opt for the “Repair” option.
- After completing the repair process, try to update your “QuickBooks” app again.
Method 4: Use the System File Checker
- Click on the “Start” button or hit the “Windows” key.
- In the “Search” box, type “Cmd.”
- Now you have to run CMD as an admin, and you can do it by right-clicking on the icon and choosing the “Run As Administrator” option.
- In the “Command Prompt” window, type in the following command: ‘SFC/scannow.’
- Press the “Enter” key, and the system file checker will run for any system files related issues. The checker is capable of solving the problems if found any.
Other Tips to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1328
- Check for the new update available for your Windows OS & install them before trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop app.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop app, which will automatically install all the latest updates.
We analyzed the QuickBooks error code 1328 related to updating the desktop app. Updating the QuickBooks desktop program is essential because the update can fix minor bugs and problems. Our team of experts suggests these troubleshooting techniques & consult us if you face issues while applying these methods.
In case none of the methods help you and QuickBooks Error 1328 is still hampering your work, then it is advised to connect with the 24/7 QuickBooks error Support team at 1-800-615-2347 & describe the problems you are facing while updating the app.