Headquartered and based in Minneapolis, Sun Country Airlines is an ultra-low-cost airline in the country. Jim Olsen founded the airline in 1982 with the aim to provide comfortable airline travels to millions of people across the world. Today you can board Sun Country flights to more than fifty different cities globally.
People sometimes have to change their travel plans and cancel an existing booking. Furthermore, the airline usually receives questions like “How do I Talk to a Live Person at Sun Country Airlines?” At Sun Country, you have not one but many ways to get through the airline and find solutions for your problems.
This post revolves around the actions that the airline takes on each flight booking termination. You will also find a detailed explanation of Sun Country’s cancellation policy for a better understanding.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Cancellation & Refund Policy
Sun Country comes across flight cancellations every day, and therefore, to make sure that no one has to face any unnecessary loss, the airline has a cancellation and refund policy. This is what the policy states:
- Any passenger can terminate a flight booking within the first 24 hours of the reservation for free. This is not applicable to the tickets that are purchased at least a week before the departure date.
- There are times when the airline cancels a flight due to a technical or weather emergency. Under such situations, the airline has to provide a 100% refund on your Sun Country Airlines Booking. People who need to travel on the same day and request a seat on the next available flight on the same day.
- People who fail to withdraw the flight ticket in the same 24 hours are charged with a penalty. The airline usually applies a cancellation fee as mentioned below:
- Free cancellation 60 days before the date of departure
- $50 on booking termination between 59 to 14 days
- $100 on cancellations done during the last two weeks
- The cancellation fee is taken out from the existing flight fare, and the airline returns the rest.
- Sun Country takes 3-4 days to credit the balance.
In case you do not receive the money in a couple of days, contact the airline and ask for an update.
Online Sun Country Cancellation
Here is a quick look at the online process of withdrawing a Sun Country Airlines Booking.
- Open the website of the airline and click on the manage booking option available on the homepage’s menu bar.
- Here, you will have to fill in your existing reservation details, such as the confirmation code of the booking and the name on the ticket.
- Next, hit the find flight button and move to the next page.
- Here in options, you will find the flight cancellation button. Click on that and confirm the cancellation.
- The airline will share an email confirming the termination of your booking.
You can also look for answers to How do I Talk to a Live Person at Sun Country Airlines and connect the airline in case of any further assistance. For more information call our 24*7 helpline number +1-860-590-8822