Computerized documentation of a patient’s medical history is known as an EHR (Electronic Health Records). EHR software incorporates patient information such as allergies, vitals, vaccination dates, patient charts, medical history, laboratory test results, progress notes, diagnoses, and much more.
EHR software offers patients accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive medical information. As a result, doctors no longer need to enter patient information each time they see a patient.
Instead, clinicians may search patient specifics in EHR, which displays all patients’ previous medical records. Consequently, clinicians have an accurate patient’s medical history to check the patient’s diagnosis.
Many common features of EHR software include appointment scheduling, appointment reminders, billing administration, workflow, document management, ePrescription, tele-visits, voice recognition, insurance, claims, and more.
In the market, there are several EHR vendors. Each EHR vendor offers a unique set of features in their EHR software.
EHR software is designed for small clinics or hospitals, medium-sized hospitals, and large enterprises.
The cost of EHR software is determined by its capabilities. As a result, you may ask your EHR vendor to tailor your EHR software to your specific requirements.
Reasons for using EHR software:
- Electronic health records software provides precise, up-to-date, and complete information of patients’ medical records to physicians.
- This software provides all details of a patient’s diagnosis, past medical history, progress notes, medication, allergies, and vitals. So, physicians can properly diagnose their patients according to the details.
- This software helps to improve productivity and also helps to improve healthcare.
- Physicians can access their patient’s medical records anytime and anywhere without any concern.
- EHR software also provides facility to access records from any devices like mobile, tablets, laptops, or computers
- Electronic health records software also provides one more amazing feature: sharing your patient’s details with other physicians, laboratories, insurance companies, hospitals, and organizations.
- This System is a cloud-based system, So you don’t have to purchase any hardware or software for using it.
- You don’t have to worry about collecting and maintaining all your patient’s data in a large room or warehouse because it provides efficient storage for that.
- Electronic health records software provides privacy and security against stealing and any harmless of your patient’s medical data.
- You don’t have to spend hours searching through any patient’s records. It’s only a few clicks away.
- You can spend more time with your patients because entering patients’ details is easy compared to writing down all details on paper.
- Your patients can also understand their medical records because it provides all details of their diagnosis.
- This software also provides a charting facility for easily viewing medical details.
- Your patient can communicate with you at any time without coming to clinics or hospitals.
What are the common features of EHR systems?
Each EHR systems have their specific features, but some are features that come with all EHR systems and those features lists are below:
Providers may handle all types of patient appointments with appointment management. For example, Providers can make appointments, view all appointments, and see which patients have arrived, are presently being examined, or have had their examination completed.
Providers can send notifications or alerts to patients via text messages, phone calls, or email if they want to remind them of upcoming visits.
Billing management is the process through which a health care provider electronically sends a bill, or claim, to a health insurance company or payer.
Clinical workflow is a method for improving the efficiency of healthcare organizations by ensuring that patient records are correct, up-to-date, and accessible at all times.
With a cloud-based system, providers don’t have to install any software or operating system to use the EHR System. As a result, cloud-based systems are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective.
Document management stores and tracks all patient’s records electronically.
Compliance with HIPAA(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) needs the creation of national standards to shield confidential patient medical knowledge from revealing while not the consent or knowledge of the patient.
HIPAA Complaint rules, 1) Privacy rule and 2) Security rule
It contains the history of all patient’s medical records like diagnosis, vitals, allergies, progress details, medications, and many more details.
Patient’s demographics contain basic information like date of birth to insurance company details.
Patients can access their medical documents, diagnosis documents, refill medication, and securely communicate with their providers.
EHR software comparison :
What is Epic EHR?
Epic is a cloud-based EHR solution that supports a variety of specialties.
Community hospitals, independent clinics, multi-specialty hospital groups, and palliative care providers implement this system.
- It is well established. With a large audience.
- Provide hundreds of third-party apps to satisfy the demands of your firm.
- In the cloud, it hosts your system.
- It works well with the practice management system.
- Interoperability! You can share information with other healthcare groups.
- Installation prices are known to be expensive.
- In comparison to other EHR software, the structure is complex.
What is Cerner?
Cerner is a cloud-based EHR software system used by healthcare organizations of various sizes and specialties to improve operations and patient care.
It provides charts, documentation, revenue management, and health analysis.
- They are a trade powerhouse with high-profile clients.
- Provides strategic guidance to practices transitioning to value-based care.
- It is tightly integrated with revenue cycle management solutions.
- Provide both onsite and offshore hosting.
- It provides customers with advanced analytics packages to employ predictive analytics.
- It was stated that there were too many clicks to take action.
- Cerner is a complete solution that may result in a higher learning curve for users.
What is Kareo?
When it comes to executing remote visits and enhancing patient health, Kareo is at the forefront.
Kareo has created a solid niche with over 75,000 doctors and healthcare professionals and 150,000 active users.
- There are almost 150 different models to choose from.
- The ease with which its invoicing and practice management tools may be integrated.
- An excellent option for practice management.
- Kareo now requires payment; previously, Kareo was provided for free.
- More advice on how to get the most out of the system would be helpful.
If you want to know more about EHR software and its vendors, you can read it from here.