If you’re a virtual network operator looking to expand upon your services, you need to obtain an Access Service License from the Department of Telecommunication.
A specialized business registration, this license lets you provide voice telephony and other telecommunication facilities beyond your current capabilities.
With this article, our telecom experts have highlighted all the significant aspects of this business registration, including:
- The benefits of getting the this license;
- The eligibility criteria for the license;
- The procedure to obtain Access Service;
- The documents required to follow that above procedure
What are the benefits of an Access Service License in India?
As we have already mentioned, getting this license can expand your services. Consider this extrapolation of facilities as the foundation to understand the following Access Service License benefits: Read More: National Long Distance License
- More services: If you want to provide more facilities than it’s allowed as per your current VNO license agreement, Access Service License can help. It doesn’t make any significant changes to the terms and conditions of your existing licenses but appends some points to it.
- Cost-saving: If you want to provide more services in the telecom sector, the conventional procedure is to apply for a separate license. However, an access service license lets you expand your services without applying for another certification. All you need is to pay an affordable Access Service license fee, and viola, the scope of your business will expand.
- More customers: Naturally, if you can provide more services, you will attract more customers. Voice and Telephony services, facilities specific to the Access Service License, lets you penetrate the existing market deeper than before. As a result, your services become more accessible to your prospective clients.
- Enhance your marketability: A virtual network operator is not a common term. Therefore, people aren’t able to relate to it despite its many benefits. On the other hand, the additional services you’d be able to render courtesy of the Access Service License – voice and telephony – have a broader niche. Customers can understand these services better, and when you tap into your customer’s understanding, you enhance the marketability of your VNO ISP.
Despite how groundbreaking the above benefits are, not everyone can enjoy them. It’s because DOT has set a specific eligibility criterion that filters out whoever is not fit to obtain the license.
Eligibility Criteria for the Access Service License
Only one kind of company can apply for Access Service License, and it has to be the one with a Category B VNO License. The reason for this, although not given in the official documents, we can say entail the following points:
- Category B is the most significant category of VNO: While Category A VNO covers the entire country, it doesn’t have the same precision as a category B VNO. Serving metropolitan states and cities, this particular VNO has the most scope of services within its respective region.
- Category B VNO has the most growth potential: The passing of each day in India witnesses new developments in the metropolitan areas. From the PM WANI scheme to the introduction of Free Wi-Fi, telecommunication developments are at an all-time high. State-Wise VNOISP that fall under Category B, therefore, has the potential of most growth.
What is the procedure to obtain the Access Service License?
The Access Service License procedure consists of the following steps:
- Documentation: The documentation step for the license registration is perhaps the most time-consuming. It entails furnishing, collating, and putting together the requirements. The DOT will use them to assess you as an applicant.
- Application filing: After putting together all the required documents, you have to fill the online application form. However, the process is not online-exclusive; after applying online, you need to take its printout and submit it with the physical copies of the documents to the regional DOT office. Read More: International Long Distance Service
- Application Assessment: The term cell does some preliminary assessment of your application and documents before forwarding them to the DOT office. Department of Telecommunication goes more extensive in its analysis and sends you a notification if it discovers any discrepancies.
- Certification: After you fix all the issues that the DOT has pointed out, you get the license. The license comes with its own set of terms and conditions that you need to adhere to throughout your company’s life cycle.
Documents required to obtain the Access Service License?
The documents required to obtain this license is as follows:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- List of Directors of your company
- List of shareholders of your company
- Copy of your VNO license agreement
- Net worth certificate of your company
The Access Service License allows you to provide voice and non-voice message transmission services over wired or wireless connections within the region of your choice. As per the regulations of DOT, this license is suitable for existing category B VNO license holders.
The procedure to obtain this certification is simple via the online portal, but it also requires submitting offline documents. To know more about this business registration, consult with our telecom consultants.
What is Access Service License in category B? In this article, we have discussed a business registration that expands the capabilities of your existing VNO. To know more, reach out to Registrationwala.